Hi,
I attended today's webinar No. 954 8026 8807.
I would like to obtain the recording of the corresponding Zoom session (I cannot find it in my emails).
Connect with other hosts, share stories, enjoy casual conversation and celebrate wins!
Hello everyone! 😊
Welcome to the Community! 👋
We, the Community Managers, are thrilled to have you join us.
Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:
: I’m from Italy 🇮🇹, have lived in Germany 🇩🇪, and now call the UK home 🇬🇧. I love traveling and meeting new people and cultures from around the world 🌎. I’m passionate about music, art, and anything involving creativity 🧑🎨. Fun fact: in a different lifetime, I was a ballerina 🩰. I’m excited to get to know you and support you, through the community, on your hosting journey!✨
: 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳, and moved to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 few years ago! I’ve recently discovered my love for photography 📷 and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you can find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.
: I was born in Italy and, as a lover of unique experiences, from exploring the streets of Rome 🇮🇹, Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine, I'm here to blend the old with the new.
: I was born in France 🇫🇷, raised in French Polynesia 🌺 and Morocco 🇲🇦, and have settled in the UK for 14 years now! On evenings and weekends, you will find me spending time with my dog, working on a jigsaw, or trying my hand at some new cuisine. 🍲
: I’m a proud new mom to a little one 💛 I’m originally from Colombia 🇨🇴 and have been lucky to call British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦 home for the past few years. I love hiking, mountain biking, dancing, and, whenever I get the chance, traveling around Canada and the world. 🌎✨
: I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I used to be an Airbnb host myself many years ago🏠 I've been here for 8+ years, and enjoy how diverse this community is. Off duty you'll find me cycling 🚲, playing football ⚽ or travelling 🌏
: I’m originally from Cardiff, Wales but, as a military child and a veteran’s spouse, I’ve travelled and lived in lots of different places across the UK and Europe. I love getting involved in my local community and volunteering. I’m also really into rugby now, both playing and coaching, as well as weight training and generally finding new ways to challenge myself. 🏉🏋️♀️ I love being outdoors, especially by the sea, and try to be conscious of my impact on the planet where I can. 🌿🌊
: I'm from Barcelona and I moved to London 11 years ago - which is when I joined the Airbnb forum community. I love cinema, reading, series where a lady solves mysteries 🕵🏼♀️, and running. There's nothing like getting up early, making a coffee and clocking up the miles while your mind wanders off somewhere else with you. 🏃
: I’m a polyglot from Italy 🇮🇹, who’s been living in the UK for over a decade now 🇬🇧. I love books and can be found with my nose stuck in one every single day. When I am not immersed in a story, you can find me horse riding 🏇🏻, biking with my city bike 🚴🏻♂️or hitting featherballs with my badminton racquet 🏸.
Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself.
Where are you from? What’s special about your listing? Where can we find your accommodation? What inspired you to become a host?
Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Warm regards,
The Community team
Hi everyone,
Ever wish you had a space to talk through the unique situations that come up while hosting? That's exactly what the Host Circle is for.
👉Go to the Community Forum side bar, click on “Host Circle” and hit “Join” button to get access. Without hitting “Join”, you won't be able to see or participate in the conversations (or you can also click here to view Host Circle.)
Note: discussions from this space won’t appear in internet search results!
Come join in!
Regards,
Bhumika
This is a conversation I brought up here on the CC a few years ago, I recently had contact with a prominent Australian entertainer as part of the Adelaide Festival of Arts and it brought me back to this old post....Who would you love host?
Given the opportunity, who, on this planet would you most like to host....and why?
I will get the ball rolling by saying, mine would be Scott Neeson!
Scott with his parents emigrated from Scotland to Australia in 1964 when he was 5. They moved here to South Australia and settled into the Adelaide suburb of Elizabeth, about 30 minutes away from where I live.
After his poor attempt at schooling Scott joined the Clifford Theatres movies circuit delivering movie reals to the various Clifford theatres around town. He rose up the ranks of the movie industry here in Australia to the point where he became the head of Twentieth Century Fox distribution in Australia in 1986. He was lured to Twentieth Century Fox in the US and moved there in 1993 as Vice President of marketing and eventually rose to become the President of Twentieth Century Fox.
In 2003 he was head-hunted to become the president of Sony Entertainment and between switching roles he took a vacation to Phnom Penh in Cambodia.
As part of his travels he happened to end up in the city's tip and was struck by the hundreds of children as young as 4 scavenging for anything they could find to keep their families alive.
He left Cambodia and took up his role with Sony but was continually haunted by thoughts of those kids on that tip in Phnom Penh, so after 3 months he sold up everything he had in LA, moved to Cambodia and set up the Cambodia Childrens Fund which now educates over 2,000 children and cares for 20,000 families.
Who does that........ turns down the most powerful position in global entertainment and donates themselves and their lives to the underprivileged.
Scott is now 67 years old, is the epitome of the human I would love have been, and if I had that one opportunity, I would love to sit down for an evening or two with Scott and find out what has made him such a great human being!
Cheers......Rob
Part of the latest autumn update are the maps where you can view your own trips as well as those of your friends. You can also see straight away how much they liked the place and how they rated it:
Have you already taken a look and discovered something interesting?
Go to Connections: https://www.airbnb.de/users/profile/connections-map
Hi,
I attended today's webinar No. 954 8026 8807.
I would like to obtain the recording of the corresponding Zoom session (I cannot find it in my emails).
Im wondering if other hosys have dealt w this matter.
We received a booking request from a guest who has been on Air BnB's platform since 2019, has 14 trips in that timespan, yet, has NO reviews. We find that odd and are wondering if anyone on this forum has had the same or similar experience, and how it may have been handled. We wouuld like to accept the guest, however, we are concerned about the lack of reviews and want to be extremely cautious.
Hello
Since I can't be as active on the forum as I would like to be, I'm discovering the new forum today.
Frankly, I don't understand anything anymore. Before, I had access to French Hosts, but now I don't.
What does BDSR Lens actually allow you to do❓
🔎BDSR LENS: HOW DOES THE NEW MONITORING TOOL REALLY WORK❓
An article published on October 6 by Il Sole 24 Ore drew attention to BDSR Lens, describing it in the headline as the "super database against tax evaders and non-compliant taxpayers."
A forum for hosts around the world to ask for advice, share tips and grow your business all in one place.
I replied to a post yesterday. The author of the post replied to me. But I don't see any notification appearing on the CC to let me know that I've received a reply. It was a bit by chance that I discovered that someone had replied to me. In the old CC, we knew when someone 'liked' our posts or comments, or if someone commented on/replied to one of our messages. I dare to hope that this is a bug in the new CC.
Hi Danielle!
You need to enable notifications on this new forum to be notified of "likes" received or comments made.
On the forum, at the top right, you can see three lines on top of each other. Click and go to Settings, then tick the boxes, and that's it!
Have a good day,
Joëlle.
Hello,
I manage my property directly through Airbnb in Amsterdam and have recently been moved to the new single-fee structure, which has significantly increased the service fee I pay as a host.
My concern is not only that my net income per reservation has decreased substantially. The new fee structure is also having a direct impact on the visibility of my listing and the number of bookings I receive.
is was seeing similar in my area. The majority of houses around me we single home hosts, and most of us stayed on the split fee as long as we could. When I adjusted my prices I noticed that quite a few of others didn’t and thus skewed my prices significantly higher. As this is a newer change, I anticipate that when they begin getting payouts they will see the change in profit. I have left my higher prices and am getting booked but it’s slower than normal and because okings are coming in closer to check-in.
Hello,
I had the same thought. At first glance, the price is higher, and since the guest can't compare it with the old system, they think the price is too high. Is this a way for Airbnb to get us to lower our prices?
안녕하세요