Optimise your listing

Get advice on setting up your listing and space, including photos, descriptions, amenities, maintenance and House Rules.

Forum tags

Conversations

Featured

Toby
@EdenStayz•United Kingdom

Im Toby from Accra, Ghana

I’m definitely looking to improve my listing and get more insights from experienced hosts.

Right now, my biggest concern is
maximizing bookings and making my listing stand out while ensuring guests have a seamless experience.

Feel free to tell me what I can do to improve my listing

Here’s the listing link : airbnb.com/h/edencourt

Darryl
@Darryl97•Santa Fe, NM

Hi -- I've been a host for few years and usually have busy season in Tucson when the weather cools down, but this season is off to a terrible start and I'm not getting ANY bookings. So I thought I would share my listing and ask for community feedback/ideas.

Link to the property is here...

airbnb.com/h/tucson-adobe

Thanks

Darryl

Mark
@Mark6458•Montclair, NJ

Hi Community,

This is really a challenge, I keep connecting with super host support, for this issue.

When searching for the city my listing is in, the apartment show up by under it, the city next door is shown.

Select a reaction
Sebastian
@Sebastian1837•Alicante, Spain

My apartment has a tourist licence until 2027, but the website won't let me book the apartment for less than 10 days. What do I have to do?

Select a reaction
Emilie
@Emilie01•London, United Kingdom

Hi ,

Did you check in your settings if there's anything in place in regards to minimum stays? This article explains how to 👉️ Set the minimum and maximum nights for your listing, which might help.

Let us know if this helps you get to the bottom of it, or if you need more advice!

Select a reaction
Frankie
@Frankie144•Los Angeles, CA

Hi .Can someone pls help me. A guest game me a 1 star review. ( first non 5 review out of 45 reviews) Basically retalitory for a damage claim . Airbnb did not remove....just declined with no reason why. Can anyone pls let me know what to do about this? I would like this First 1 star removed. Thank You

Select a reaction
Roseli
@RoseliMazzarello•São Paulo, Brazil

, for Airbnb to consider removing a retaliatory review, it's important to demonstrate that it was a direct reaction to charging the guest or holding them responsible for damages.

Airbnb Support reviews the facts and the timeline of events. Therefore, I suggest following these steps:

1. Organise the chronology of events, gathering the exact dates and times of: the guest's check-out; the opening of the claim for damages in AirCover/the Resolution Centre; and the posting of the 1-star review.

Select a reaction
Odile
@Odile007•Bordeaux, France


You need to appeal, emphasising the notion of a '
retaliatory review' and showing the chronology (request for compensation made before his review). This is, a priori, the official reason for cancellation according to the regulations.

On the other hand, if you receive a second refusal, it's more complicated…

That's exactly what's happening to me: it was the support adviser herself who told me to make the claim for compensation. When I told her that I would prefer to wait until the end of the review period to avoid a retaliatory review, she assured me that these reviews were being removed.

It's been going on for over a month, despite the fact that I've asked them to listen again to the phone recording, which proves that I was only following the instructions from Support. I'm very angry.

Select a reaction
Daniëlle
@Danielle402•Netherlands

Good evening,

I have just received a warning from Airbnb because I received a 3-star review from a guest. And that I may have stated untruths in my listing.

I would like to clear this up immediately;

Select a reaction
Natascha Und Christian
@Natascha_M•Biberwier, Austria

I also got this with a 4-star rating – "See what you can improve" – even though 4 stars means "very good". It's all automated.

Select a reaction
Joëlle
@Joelle•Cannes, France

Hi @Danielle402.

I agree with @Emilie1, and please be aware that Hosts who receive a 4-star review, supposedly 'very good', get exactly the same automated email. It's very discouraging too!

If there was ever any doubt, the only acceptable rating for Airbnb is 5*. Any rating below this results in this warning.

Select a reaction

Join the conversation

A forum for hosts around the world to ask for advice, share tips and grow your business all in one place.

Guillaume
@Guillaume1214•Ottawa, Canada

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping someone here has experienced something similar and can offer some advice.

I recently purchased a cottage in August and created my Airbnb listing shortly after taking ownership. About five days after the listing went live, I received a pending removal notice saying that my property was considered a duplicate listing.

Select a reaction
Joëlle
@Joelle•Cannes, France

Hello @Guillaume1214

I can imagine your frustration! I have never heard of a listing cleared of being a duplicate, able to re-enlist and then suspended again!!

I am going to flag a few community managers to see if they can help with your situation and at least get it re-examined by the correct team. @Bhumika @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca

I hope this gets sorted quickly Guillaume🤞
Joëlle

Select a reaction
Toby
@EdenStayz•United Kingdom

Im Toby from Accra, Ghana

I’m definitely looking to improve my listing and get more insights from experienced hosts.

Right now, my biggest concern is
maximizing bookings and making my listing stand out while ensuring guests have a seamless experience.

Feel free to tell me what I can do to improve my listing

Select a reaction
Genichiro
@Genichiro0•Hashimoto, Japan

Nice to meet you.

It might be best not to post your Wi-Fi password or a screenshot of Netflix.

Select a reaction
Susan
@Susan6573•United Kingdom

Hi Toby

It looks lovely, but it looks staged and Ai'd. Sorry if I'm wrong. Couple of things, why don't people take photos with the curtains open, flooded with light and turn the TV off.

You're described as 3 bed, 3.5 bath, but your blurb says: 2 bed, 2.5 bath, and you repeat yourself. Keep it shorter, I was bored about half-way and gave up reading.

Select a reaction